Wednesday, November 30, 2011

It's Recyclable Day

42 degrees and overcast at 7:00 a.m.

WKTV's weather forecast: "Warm weather looks to come to an end by Wednesday, with highs near 50. A few snow showers are possible Wednesday night.

Cooler still by Thursday and Friday with highs in the 40s. A few snow showers possible again on Friday, but no significant snowfall is expected over the next seven days."



IN THE MAIL







These great photographs of four new benches and recent beaver work along the Marshall Trail and nice letter from Brian Stone, the Postmaster at the Deansboro Post Office. He wrote:

"I often run the towpath on my lunch hour. I was quite surprised today to see that someone had built four new benches along the path. They are made of thick pieces of wood and set on posts. What a nice addition to the trail. After I got back to the office I was talking to Nancy Matteson. She told me that her grandson Nicholas Scoones built them for his Eagle Scout project. Nicholas was not the only busy beaver on the trail. It looks like the family of beavers that were by Burnham Road have moved north about half a mile. They have been very busy gnawing on trees and building a new dam. They have been working on the tree that is still standing for a couple of weeks now. I just love running on the trail. I run out to the Hanson fence and back and it is about 5 miles. It so beautiful and I see all kinds of wildlife every time I go."

Thanks loads, Brian!

And a big Thank You to Nick Scoones, too!!


********************

YESTERDAY'S VIEWS

were all "duds" except for these two!

It was just starting to sprinkle when I walked out to my car at 3 o'clock, but by the time I had driven uptown and swung around the park* it was really raining .......



I found a place to pull over and take this picture of the lights and Santa's sleigh on "This 'n That" on West Main Street .................



............. and then headed out White Street, where I saw Mr. Brown arranging inflatables on his front porch and stopped to take his picture and chat for a few minutes.

But by then my camera lenses (I had two cameras with me) were getting so fogged-up that subsequent shots were all useless!

*Along the way I did learn who put the bows and greenery on the bandstand! It was the same thoughtful, community-minded (and anonymous) individual that did it last year! (Thank You!)


*******************

IN THE NEWS

There was a very nice Letter to the Editor from Rev. Kirk Hudson in yesterday's edition of the Observer-Dispatch.

Also of local interest, this article from the Oneida Daily Dispatch about the Indoor Farmers Market that takes place once monthly at Parry's in Hamilton.

This week's edition of The Waterville Times hit the newsstands yesterday. Click HERE to read the headlines!

******************

More when it happens!

Have a great day, everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment