Tuesday, June 28, 2011

"Google" to the rescue!

"And the Winners are............."

Jody Hildreth, who knew right away,
Pat Moshetti,
John Salvaggio,
Jan Kelley,
Jai, Nancy and Marvin,
Allison Methe,
and Margaret Bornick, who wrote,

"This is probably an Indian Muntjac Deer. Isn't there a farm in the Waterville/Oriskany Falls area that keeps exotic animals?"

(I believe that she's referring to "Birdland," on Camp Road. I drove over there and could see three similar creatures in a large pen. Unfortunately, neither my eyes nor my camera could determine with any certainty that they were the same as the one in yesterday's photograph.)



In a late-afternoon E-note from the Muntjac's current host, east of Waterville, he writes: "The “little guy” has been hanging around the house all day. In fact, as I write this email, it’s feeding on cracked corn my wife puts out for the birds. It is not very timid…certainly not as jumpy as a white-tail. Thanks again for your help…it has been an interesting experience."



(Click to enlarge.)



***************

Have a great day, everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment